To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Why am I being charged each month if I don't use any water?

Each member of the Deer Creek Water Corporation is required to pay a monthly minimum, even if zero water is used.

How could I have used this much water?

The first thing to do is read your meter and compare the reading on the meter to the reading on your bill.  Is anything moving on the face of the meter?  You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Do you have an irrigation system?  Check your reading before and after your sprinkler system runs to determine how much water you are using during each watering cycle.  Please see our page titled Meter Reading under the Customer Service tab for more information, or just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Is the pressure the same in all areas of your home (ie. Kitchen and bathrooms)?  If you have low pressure in only one faucet it could indicate a buildup of minerals in the faucet screen.  If all faucets have low pressure, plesase check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.  The air bubbles will dissipate from the water and the water is completely safe to drink.  For large amounts of air, try flushing a large faucet outdoors or in a bathtub to help clear air from your system.

What chemicals does our utility district add to the water?

The only chemical added by Deer Creek Water Corporation is chlorine to provide constant disinfection of the ground water as approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.  We do NOT add flouride or any other chemicals to the drinking water.

My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?

State law requires all public water systems to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line).  Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. Heat causes the natural minerals found in groundwater to separate and stick to heating elements or the inside walls of pipes. Coffee makers, faucet screens and dishwashers can be cleaned using white vinegar to remove the build up of minerals.

CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received payment after the due date or we may not have received it at all. If you have registered for online bill payment services you will also have access to your current and past transaction history.  Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

What do I do if I am selling my home? How do I transfer my DC Water membership?

The water membership belongs to the individual person(s) and is not tied to the home/property, so it can be moved or used anywhere water is available on our water system.  If you are selling your membership with your home, it is your responsibility to transfer the membership to the buyers.  To transfer membership, please complete the Membership Transfer Instructions form and bring it to our office prior to closing on the sale of your home.  Any questions, just call our office and we will assist you in the process.

What if I want to rent my home and have the tenant receive the bill each month?

Information can be found on our page Landlords / Rental Property.  As owner of a Deer Creek Water Corp. membership, you are ultimately financially responsibile for all water which goes through your water meter. If you wish to allow a renter to use your water meter, please complete a Renter Permission Form and return it to our office.  If you plan to have someone manage the property for you, please complete the Authorization for Property Manager form and return it to our office.

What if I want to develop a commercial or residential subdivision?

For all information and forms related to Commercial or Residential development property, go here.

Can I connect more than one home or residence structure to my water meter?

The answer is NO.  Each residential or commercial structure must have its own water membership.  Two or more residences on a new property is considered a subdivision.  All information about commercial or residential subdivisions can be found here.  You are always welcome to call our office for more information at 405/348-0285.

Can I use my own water well AND Deer Creek Water?

Many customers may choose to drill a well for irrigation purposes.  If you have your own well, it CANNOT be tied into any of the same water pipes that are tied to your DCWC water meter.  Your irrigation/well pipes must be a completely separate system from any pipes using DC Water.  Otherwise, if the two types of water are allowed to mix it is a violation of our rules and regulations because it is a "Cross connection".  This could lead to contamination of our drinking water system and is strictly prohibited.